AB 832 Extends Eviction Moratorium to 9.30.21
WHAT IT MEANS
· Reimbursement will be increased to cover 100% for both rent that is past due and prospective payments for both tenants and landlords. For those that have already applied/received funds, they will automatically get the additional funds to cover 100% of rent owned.
· Allows a tenant to receive the full amount due if the landlord doesn't participate in the program so that they are not carrying it as consumer debt. The tenant must pay landlord within 15 business days or face penalties.
· Authorizes rental assistance payments to be provided to landlords in situations where the tenant has moved out and now lives in a new place, but still owes rent payments to their prior landlord.
· Allows a longer timeframe for rental assistance funds, so more unpaid rent can be covered. To match updated federal rules, rental assistance can apply to any rent debt accrued on or after April 1, 2020.
· Rental assistance under the state program is available to tenants whose household income is at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI) as set by the federal government and who have declared a COVID-related economic hardship.
HOW DO I APPLY
· Tenants or landlords can begin the application process....HERE.....
Morgan Hill Chamber of Commerce